Gone are the days were you need to wait 3 to 4 weeks to get a diagnostic test to find out what is causing your symptoms. As well as the anxiety associated with going to an unfamiliar place, not to mention waiting to obtain your results from your doctor. This system is not only highly inefficient but also causes unnecessary stress to the patient and their families.
Here are a few of the diagnostics services that we offer in our office:
- Exercise stress test – Design to assists in the diagnosis of coronary artery disease.
- Electrocardiogram – Detection of acute and chronic heart disease.
- Holter monitor – Use for further investigation of patients that present with palpitations.
- Echocardiogram – This is an ultrasound of the heart useful to determine how good your heart is working.
- Carotid ultrasound – To determine the presence of critical narrowing in the carotid arteries.
- Abdominal ultrasound – for further investigation in people with symptoms of abdominal pain.
- Ankle brachial index – to determine the presence of peripheral vascular disease.
- Pulmonary function test – to investigate the cause of symptoms like cough or dyspnea.
- Laboratory – We perform in house labs and also use Quest diagnostic for more complex labs. The results are usually available in 48 hours and are posted directly in your electronic medical records.